There are many flavours of business analysis and Business Analyst can opt for any one of the flavours depending on his/her academic and professional background.
To know more about the growth in Business Analysis field, you can visit the blog: Opportunities Business Analysis in future.
Followings are some of the career paths a Business Analyst can opt for:
- Operations Head/COO – Business Strategy Analyst who analyses the business need by analysing their current products, services, process and operations, and recommends solution (with or without IT) to improve the business.
- Enterprise or Business Architect – A Business Analyst starting a career as a Business analyst, and moving towards lead Business analyst, and a role of heading Business Analysis activities as an enterprise or Business Architect in an organisations.
- CTO: In rare cases this is also a possibility for a business analyst if the person comes from technology background. He will have to work through many technology roles such as in-charge of IT projects and overall technology in non-IT company to reach to CTO role.
- Product Owner – Business Analyst working in a IT company specialised in product development can becomes Product owner/manager through a BA path.
- Practice Head – In-charge of projects with similar domain in an non-IT company and establish the process and standards for Business Analysis activities such as creating “Centre of Excellence” for Business Analysis.
- Program Manager – Business Analyst from technical background can become an in-charge of projects from same domain in an IT company.
- Delivery Head – Business Analyst from technical background who is in-charge of delivery of project or IT services in an IT company having same or different domain.
|Business Analysis – Career Path|
8. Management Consultant – A Business Analyst starting with Jr consultant, create a path towards Consultant, senior consultant and management consultant.
To read more about Business Analysis Career, Please read my book, Business Analysis: The Question And Answer Book. It is available on amazon in both eBook and paperback version.
It is the way you can understand all… over 200 questions and elaborated answers.
|Business Analysis: The Question And Answer Book|